Thursday, April 23, 2009

Resources Reflections

1. How did you find your resources?- naturally, i googled them first. For my interview, i chose my mom because she was the first thing that came to mind when i thought about my thesis, and where i wanted to move with my essay. She was always getting on me about not using my brain enough, and how I'm lazy by googling or calculating everything. For my magazine and news paper articles, i went to the library and asked the librarians for help. She helped me by showing me the data base and directing me to where i could find the most sources to back up my thesis. I was not really sure what kind of book to use. I just asked myself, what kind of book would i look for, to look for information. So i looked on my shelf and found the perfect book. The stupidest book yet it taught me a lot.
2. How has research altered your original idea? My original idea was to still focus on college students but how much they cared about their privacy. I started to research and then thought to myself, who really cares about college student's privacy? They don't have a lot of money for identity theft, or novels to publish for a mass amount of money. So why would anyone have research or articles about college student's and how much they care about their privacy? I then thought, college students, including my generation and the generations to come, are too dependent on the things we've had since we were about the age of 14 or 15. I never really had fast internet until i was 16. I always used the library or looked at newspapers and magazines by hand, not by the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment